30 July 2011

A different kind of superposition


Pine Bluff has a lot of small churches that now occupy buildings where restaurants, retail stores and, in the above case, pawn shops where once located.  This church, at 1200 Main Street, had their sign installed a few months ago when I happened to passing by on my way home from work.  Since I only live a few blocks away, I got back with my camera before the pawn shop to church transition was complete.  The church's sign covers up the former Don's Trading Post sign.  Don is still in business as the Money Mart pawn shop in a different location (sorta like the McDonald's that used to be at 1300 Main now is on Olive Street).  Pawn Shops and day care centers (for both kids and senior citizens), along with the churches, are among the more prominent non-residential properties in Pine Bluff.